Here’s my take of whats new with Istanbul
|GlideDate/Time API Updates||https://youtu.be/s2aRGT9WIRk?t=778|
|Condition Builder v2||https://youtu.be/s2aRGT9WIRk?t=967|
|HTTP Message Logging||https://youtu.be/s2aRGT9WIRk?t=2027|
|Studio/Source Control changes||https://youtu.be/s2aRGT9WIRk?t=2962|
Automated Testing Framework
This is the first small step of many to try to allow upgrades to happen with less issues.
With the Automated Test Framework, you create and run automated tests on your ServiceNow instance. When you upgrade or modify an instance, run these tests to confirm that the instance still works as designed.
Initially it could only open a form, set field values, validate values, and submit the form.
Email REST API
- Have a dedicated debug transaction, which only applies to the current session.
- Set and remove breakpoints.
- Pause the current session at a breakpoint.
- Step through code line-by-line.
- Step into and out of function and method calls.
- View the value of local and global variables.
- View the value of private variables from function closures.
- View the call stack.
- View the transaction the system is processing.
- Turn off the script debugger to resume running paused scripts.
HR Serivce Management (Scoped)
Prior to Istanbul the HRSM was a “global” application. After Istanbul it is now scoped. They are really seperate, but going forward the scoped version has been getting all the attention.